Credivera is looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer that likes a good challenge, is ready to roll up their sleeves, and enjoys digging into a problem. You are results-oriented and work closely with clients to understand not only what they want, but also what they need and help them solve their big and interesting challenges. You are someone who likes solving interesting problems with a team, achieving outcomes, and have an ongoing desire to learn. This candidate will have a strong understanding of classes and mix-ins and know the advantages and trade-offs between closure or blocks and delegates. You can speak to language best practices, understand that starting is as important as finishing, and know the difference between simple and easy.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, program and test software
- Maintain relevant documentation for developers, clients and users
- Develop and refine prototypes to confirm requirements
- Program according to project plans (versions, sprints)
- Release activities, such as support, versioning and maintenance
- Collaborate with our designers to create interfaces
- Peer review other team members’ code, and learn and adapt from peer review of your own code
- Work with cross-functional teams to share insights and expectations with stakeholders, clients, team members and various levels of management.
- Write readable code, adding comments to ensure others can follow it, and have a sense of accountability if issues arise
- Work with time constraints while maintaining quality output and meeting allocated project budgets
Who we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience delivering software with preference given to those who have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of node.js, SQLServer, serverless architecture,
- Working knowledge of Azure tools and environments
- Understanding and experience working with distributed ledger technologies or building identity management software is an asset but not required.
- Experience with DevOps would be an asset
- Applied experience breaking down user problems into stories and solutioning to results
- Experience working on iterative projects with continuous delivery pipelines and test-driven development
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands on development experience or full understanding of mobile and service development pipeline and process
Other keys for success:
- Proven ability to communicate to your team if issues arise and your approach to the solution garnering support and leveraging shared knowledge
- Ability to work with code you didn’t write and help shape it for the better without ego
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
- Exceptional organizational and planning abilities, balancing building solutions for the product roadmap and mitigating problems as they arise
- A passion for fast-paced, innovative start-ups in a collaborative environment
Credivera is the world’s first secure, open exchange for verifiable credentials. A leader in workforce management and digital identity, Credivera gives employees, employers, and organizations that issue credentials increased productivity and control of how important credentials are stored and shared. The Credivera Exchange optimizes personal privacy and trust, with up-to-date verifiable credentials secured in a digital wallet, resulting in reduced risk for all. Founded in 2017, with offices in Toronto and Calgary, Credivera supports regulated industries and global technology firms in over 30 countries worldwide. Get more out of what you know at credivera.com.